Do you find that despite great effort to relieve your shoulder tension and pain, it never gets to the core of the problem? If so, let's shed some light on a common muscle that surreptitiously surprises you with a chronic ache to the anterior shoulder - today I'm focusing in on the very influential, biceps brachii muscle. Common Signs & Symptoms - Forward head posture - Rounded shoulders - Protracted shoulder blades - Neck stress, tension and pain - Shoulder stress, tension an
Your core stability and strength is essential for maintaining a healthy posture, flatter abdomen and a strong back. Follow these 3 simple steps to tap into your core potential! Common Symptoms
- Pelvic instability and pain including the sacro-iliac and pubic symphysis
- Post-pregnancy abdominal weakness and symphysis pubis dysfunction - Incontinence - Digestive disruptions including constipation - Distended lower abdominals
- Paradoxical breathing (through the chest and neck
Gnarly headaches, jaw pain, arm numbness, shooting pain to multiple areas, and poor neck posture can be pinpointed to this one muscle! Let's dive in... Common Symptoms - Neck stress, tension and pain - Forward head posture - Dowager's Hump - Headache & migraines
- Eye fatigue
- Arm numbness and tingling
- Radiating pain down the arm - Reduced shoulder range of motion Anatomy of The Trapezius The trapezius is shaped like a kite on the middle and upper back, starting from t
You must remember that classic song of 'the hip bone is connected to the...' In this article I will highlight the influence and significance the pelvis has upon your spinal alignment and how it may be the origin of your back stress, tension and pain. Common Symptoms - Low back pain (a.k.a. lumbago)
- Joint stiffness and soreness - Muscle stiffness and soreness
- Hip pain
- Motor weakness
- Numbness and tingling to the hips, legs and/or feet Anatomy of The Pe
- Understand the anatomy of your headache and migraine pain so that you can discover the root cause of your pain. - Discover my 5 natural ways to get relief so that you can get back to doing what you love to do. - Learn my simple self-massage so that you can give yourself relief whilst your massage therapist is currently unavailable! ***SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT*** Now you can listen to me on the go. I've just released my new Playbook for Pain Relief Podcast. With new episodes Mo
- Understand your core muscles so that you can focus on the foundation to a flatter abdomen and stronger back. - Discover my five step solution that you can instantly apply so you can get back to your normal, physical activities - pain-free. - Learn to activate the right core muscles in the correct order which means you can have a kick-ass core ready for your chosen sport. ***SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT*** Now you can listen to me on the go. I've just released my new Playbook for P
- Understand the two causes of carpal tunnel pain so that you can help yourself REDUCE and PREVENT wrist and finger, pain and immobility.
- Discover my five step solution that you can apply to any muscle in your body, so you can get back to your normal, physical activities - pain-free. - Try the best stretch to release forearm stress and tension which means you can naturally relieve your tension and pain. ***SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT*** Now you can listen to me on the go. I've j
- Learn the common symptoms associated with shoulder injuries so that you can get clear on what type of shoulder injury you may have. - Discover my five step solution that you can apply to any muscle in your body, so you can get back to your normal, physical activities - pain-free. ***SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT*** Now you can listen to me on the go. I've just released my new Playbook for Pain Relief Podcast. With new episodes Monday-Friday every week, I'm here as your therapist an
- Discover how to self-massage the muscles that cause forearm stress, tension and pain so that you can get back to doing what you love, quicker. - Learn my #1 tool for relieving pain so that you can save yourself hours of therapy, stretching and exercising. - Understand my 5-Step framework for restoring balance which means you can have more health, happiness and vitality! ***SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT*** Now you can listen to me on the go.
I've just released my new Playbook for Pa
- Discover the easiest exercise to relieve your back pain caused by bulging discs, muscle spasms or trapped nerves so that you can get back to leading your normal activities. - Learn how to naturally and instantly unload your lower back which means you can get pain relief to your nerves and muscles. - Decompression tables and multiple therapies can become expensive - this exercise is FREE which means you can save yourself money, time and frustration! ***SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT**
As the snow begins to fly in Canada I typically see an increase in patients experiencing back pain due to shoveling the buckets of snow or slipping on the ice. My recommendations will never change! I always suggest to invest in a minimum of 4-6 weeks of conditioning to prepare your body (and mind!) for the specific winter demands of living in the North. This week I wanted to share with you one of my little known methods to help relieve back pain that is so simple yet highly e
I've treated many, many shoulder injuries over my career, and the common root causes are consistent - pronated shoulders and poor thoracic mobility. This week, let's explore the anatomy of the shoulder and middle spine to understand how mobility and flexibility to this region can prevent shoulder injuries and reduce any existing stress, tension and pain. Wait! If you've not had chance to download your free copy of my newest book The 15-Step Playbook for Pain Relief, click on
Burning pain on the outside of the thigh can trigger hip and knee pain, and make your whole body tightly wound. Learning how to relieve this build up of tension to this web of fascia can be life-changing, and accelerate your recovery to do the things you love to do. Join me this week as we plunge into the anatomy and function of the iliotibial band, and I'll also share a simple self-massage trick to help get faster relief. Wait! If you've not had chance to download your free
You have one. You use it everyday.
Question is - are you using it enough to flatten your abdominals and strengthen your back? The core, as we commonly call it, is the centre point of our body from which we can dictate movement and stability of our head and limbs. Comprised of a series of intricate muscles of many angles and sizes, we are ultimately only as strong as our weakest link. So how strong is your core? This week I'm exploring the very foundation of your core muscle
Having four boys who are busy between school and extra-curricular activities, I know how busy life can get and especially how much you can invest in driving. As a therapist, I spend a good percentage of my day on my feet. However, whether it's sitting or standing, there is still a great demand placed upon the hip and spinal muscles which, as we age, shows itself as hip stiffness, back pain and many other symptoms of stress, tension and pain. In my new book The 15-Step Playboo
I've advocated for years that it's not so much the health of the bed on which you sleep, so much as it is the health of your body sleeping upon that bed. If you've been around young kids you may have noticed how they can sleep in all sorts of contorted positions - on the couch, in the car or half-in and half-out of their bed - and yet somehow still wake up feeling refreshed and revitalized! How do they do that?!
Today I wish to share my philosophy on sleep posture and what y